During the summer, Mark spent a few months studying for the LSAT exam to take to get into law school. He took it and ended up not getting the score he was hoping for. He applied to schools hoping that things would all work out. This past weekend Mark was contacted by one of the Deans of the Law school at BYU in Provo, UT. He was asked to travel down to meet with Mark. He wasn't told why, but it got us thinking things like "what if he just wants to talk to you to see if they like your personality", or "what if they want to tell you no in person" (harsh thinking, I know).
As we waited in the law school for a good 30 min. (we were very early. Can you blame us?) we sat and talked and enjoyed being with each other. Once the Dean called Mark back, he noticed I was sitting by him and asked if I was his wife and if I wouldn't mind sitting in the interview with him. My brain started racing and I got nervous! I was not expecting at all to be part of this very important meeting! So of course I went back and the Dean talked to both of us. He asked what our dreams and ambitions were, a little bit about my background, we just had a great conversation. Towards the end of our chat, he told Mark that the BYU school of Law would LOVE to have him join them this fall!
As we left, Mark and I just kept talking and exclaiming our excitement! Not only has this experience taught us what hard work and dedication can do, but more importantly, what the Lord can do. We recently have been tremendously blessed in our lives and in our marriage. We know that the Lord watches over us day and night and it just is overwhelming to feel and to know how much love He has for each and everyone of us. I just want to shout from the rooftops my joy in life. My joy in the Savior.
I love the Savior. I want everyone in the world to know this. I want everyone to know that His power and love is real. I want to share this knowledge and feeling of peace with all. My hope is that through my testimony of the Savior, Jesus Christ, people will know and feel my happiness and want to search for the light to be happy and peaceful like I have felt. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
"Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments
of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love."
(D&C 6:20)
![]() |
| via google images |

No comments:
Post a Comment