Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Talking to our children about sex + bodies

I really enjoyed the day in class when we talked about teaching our children about their bodies. I wanted to write them down on here so I could remember them!

Age 3: use the anatomically correct phrases when talking to them about their body parts.

Age 6: talk to them about love and relationships and the boundaries that come with it.

Age 9: talk to them about sex and puberty and what will happen and what they can expect.talk to them about what they might hear at school and teach them correctly.

Age 12: teach them about everything. Be very open and let them communicate with you.

Age 15-18: I think that at this age, your children should pretty much know everything about sex and how everything happens.

I think it's key to remember to have open communication with your children from a very young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment